2307 S. Rural Road, Tempe, Arizona 85282 | T: (602) 456-0071
The professionals of Carter Law Group want to be proactive members of your legal team. We provide cost-effective, proactive and strategic legal advice when you partner with us as your Outside General Counsel. In this role, we manage the legal aspects of your business in addition to providing value-added strategic advice to help you achieve your mission. We offer Outside General Counsel services to clients of all sizes, and customize each offering to your needs.
Our clients span the full range of nonprofit, tax-exempt and social enterprise industries, including:
- Grant-making private foundations
- Supporting organizations
- Charter schools
- Museums and arts organizations
- Trade associations
- National and internationally federated organizations and/or chapters
- Social service organizations
- Economic development organizations
- Churches and religious organizations
Our Outside General Counsel representation is designed for organizations that require ongoing legal services such as advice regarding governance, funding and general business contracts, planned giving, fundraising, tax matters, as well as board and staff training from a trusted legal partner. We get to know your organization intimately and use our extensive network of contacts and resources to help your organization thrive. Outside General Counsel services include the following:
- Provide counsel, advice and representation in all legal and business affairs, upon request
- Review various corporate documents to determine adequacy and legal compliance, including, without limitation, governing documents (e.g., articles of incorporation and bylaws) and employment and human resources records and policies, and prepare a report with analysis of the review
- Attend client Board of Director meetings, other board and committee meetings, and executive sessions upon request and provide advice as necessary
- Provide legal advice, written legal opinions, and consultation on all matters that affect you to the your Board, board committees, CEO and other appropriate officers and employees, in accordance with such policies and procedures as may be established from time to time, on matters regarding the routine and day-to-day issues and matters you may encounter, including matters relating to corporate, employment and human resources issues, non-competition and confidentiality issues regarding current and former employees, basic contract or document review and advice, problem solving, litigation prevention and negotiation.
- Provide telephone consultation to your staff, as needed on legal matters which are within their area of operation
- Upon request prepare or review necessary legal documents such as meeting minutes and resolutions, agreements, real property instruments including purchase agreements and escrows, leases, covenants, deeds, easements and licenses, memorandums of understanding, employment policies, operational policies and procedures, and all similar documents
- Monitor pending and current legislation and case law as appropriate, and advise accordingly
- Supervise outside legal services, auditors, investigators and other professional services, if any
Outside General Counsel representations are billed monthly on a fixed fee basis or on a blended hourly rate. The fee is mutually agreed to after a thorough review of your organization and its needs and reviewed periodically to ensure that the arrangement is fair to both the you and to the firm.
To discuss how having dedicated Outside General Counsel can benefit your organization, reach out to Caritas Law Group today.