Yvonne is an experienced business lawyer representing nonprofit, tax-exempt, and socially responsible companies and well as traditional for-profit ventures with respect to their business law needs. Yvonne also advises corporations engaging in cause marketing campaigns. Yvonne is known for her thorough and detailed approach and practical business advice.
Yvonne counsels clients regarding business entity formation, structuring, mergers and other business combinations, financing and corporate governance. Yvonne understands the nuances of the evolving social enterprise movement including emerging hybrid legal structures such as the B-corp, benefit corporation, social purpose corporation and the low profit limited liability company. She represents social enterprises in entity selection, formation, and operational issues.
Yvonne also advises clients in connection with regulatory compliance. She has represented exempt and non-exempt as well as publicly and privately held businesses, both domestically and abroad. Her experience extends across a wide range of industries, including hospitals, bioscience, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), medical products and services, trade associations, museums, educational organizations, and manufacturing.
At Caritas Law Group, Yvonne is also known as the “Contract Guru.” Yvonne advises clients with respect to the unique contracting needs of exempt organizations and socially responsible companies including:
- License agreements
- Employment agreements
- Fundraising agreements
- Government contracts
- Grant agreements
- Financing agreements
- Service agreements
- Participation agreements
- Waivers and releases
- Distribution agreements
- Publishing contracts
- Federal and private grant agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Chapter agreements
- Commercial co-venture agreements and
- Joint ventures
Outside of work, Yvonne enjoys attending going to the theater, gourmet cooking, and spending time with her young daughter.
- J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2003
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1998
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Bar Association
- Director, Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health (NOAH
- Former Director, Awakening Seed School
- Former Director, Trillium Integrated Healthcare
- Former Director, Valley of the Sun YMCA
- Volunteer Lawyer, Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Member, Young Lawyers Division Wills for Heroes Program, State Bar of Arizona