WHO WE SERVE
We provide nonprofit legal services with respect to the following:
- Public charity rules and regulations
- Private foundation rules and regulations
- Commercial and entrepreneurial activities
- Risk management
- Fundraising counsel
- Nonprofit organizational relationships
- Charter Schools
- International philanthropy
- Annual reporting
- Social enterprise
- Contract drafting and review
- Presentations and trainings for boards and staff
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
- Nonprofit vs. Tax-exempt: Nonprofit
A plain language explanation of the difference between a nonprofit organization and one that is tax-exempt.
- Who Owns a Nonprofit Corporation?
Let's be clear about one thing. No one owns a nonprofit corporation. While there is no outright ownership, there is control. One of the fundamental questions I ask when forming a new nonprofit corporation is how board members will be selected. This is a key question because those who hold the power to select board members retain the ultimate authority over the corporation. The possibilities are limited by the nonprofit corporation statute in the state where the corporation is domiciled.
- What is a Trademark?
A trademark is a protection on a good or service that is unique to your nonprofit. It can be a word, phrase, slogan, symbol, design, or combination thereof. Typically, businesses use trademarks to protect brand names and logos. A proper trademark identifies your good or service and distinguishes it from other similar products. Strong trademarks … What is a Trademark? Read More »