WHO WE SERVE
We provide nonprofit legal services with respect to the following:
- Public charity rules and regulations
- Private foundation rules and regulations
- Commercial and entrepreneurial activities
- Risk management
- Fundraising counsel
- Nonprofit organizational relationships
- Charter Schools
- International philanthropy
- Annual reporting
- Social enterprise
- Contract drafting and review
- Presentations and trainings for boards and staff
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
- Non Profit Checklist: Ten Things to Do Before Year End
The end of the year is a busy time for all nonprofits. Because of this, some obligations tend to slip through the cracks. Since the consequences can devastate a nonprofit, it is vital to ensure certain responsibilities are met by year-end.
- Unrelated Business Income Tax: Volunteer Labor Exclusion
Internal Revenue Code § 513(a)(1) excludes from UBIT unrelated trade or business activity which is performed without compensation (the “Volunteer Labor Exclusion”).
- What is a “Friends of” Organization?
U.S. “Friends of” organizations are designed to facilitate US support for a foreign charity. U.S. donors commonly seek to support a foreign charitable organization aiding in international causes. Although donors may make contributions directly to charities outside the United States, they will not be able to take advantage of the tax deductions permitted when donating to … What is a “Friends of” Organization? Read More »